How to have a younger mindset? Predominantly, have a flexible attitude that is willing to learn and change for good. Being cheerful will make you easily acceptable to others. If you are adamant that what you think only is right or you always try to win your point, you may be avoided indirectly by the young vibrant society, and eventually be treated as “The Old” and boring. Being “Smart” is the in-thing. Tactfully handle every situation. Sometimes your argument may be right but it will be wise to keep mum for the time being. Such an attitude may create more opportunities to win your point and to become part of the party.
10 points to make you enjoy your life as a senior citizen:
1. Make partition deeds for your children when you are in good state of mind. So that your children can easily accept your decision than entrusting them to do so, which may lead them to unwanted internal clashes in future.
2. Delegate responsibilities to your children and son/daughter-in-laws, without tampering the over-all decision-making process. Just guide them to perform well.
3. Love your dear and near ones unconditionally, so that you will be loved when you are badly in need of them. Accept the generation gap. Let the next generation satisfy you in the way they wish. Trust them.
4. Take more time to live in spiritual ways and experience God in life. Read scriptures from heart. Do meditation, attend prayers, etc. Cast out bad habits like intake of alcohol, cigarettes, etc. which all will contribute to make your life miserable and your body and soul chronically sick.
5. Be ready to appreciate the new developments and ideas from other individuals and media. Develop and keep a positive attitude towards latest trends without negative criticism.
6. Be active in what you do, no matter where you are. Find some forums where you can gather with similar concerned people to share your feelings and interests. Use this forum for doing something good for the society, viz. charity, visiting patients, visiting orphanages, free tuition to poor etc. Try these: 100 goodnesses.
7. Go for health check-ups periodically. Meet your doctor regularly and take advice on diet control and prevention of potential diseases.
8. Try to be more cheerful. Enjoy humour and try to laugh.
9. Visit your relatives, old friends, and revamp strained relationships.
10.No exams, no tensions, not targets… Praise the lord for the blessed past… Today many children and youngsters struggle to live cheerfully due to various life-conditions. Relax and be fruitful to others!
We found a website created for elders. It gives more research based innovative, concrete and detailed points for you… Go through and make use of it, if found good. Click here – www.SeniorIndian.com